Monday, August 10, 2009

The rise of Convergence Media - and why we need it!


2009 means that we no longer have to rely on only newspapers for our daily dose of affairs and gossip around the globe. Nowadays, there are so many options available to people who are seeking all sorts of information.


I don't know about you, but whenever I want to find out something e.g. news or gossip, I hit up my favorite websites to see what they have on offer. Why not just go and read the newspaper? Because the newspaper is so bland compared to the riveting websites offering webcasts, podcasts and live streaming.


Another thing that I love about these sites, is that there are always a few quirks added in for entertainment - like the opinion polls and irrelevant but interesting gossip e.g. 'Pammy's high sex drive past' or 'Jane Yee's life after 30'.


This isn't all either people, I mean if your feeling abit peckish, you can whip up something from the recipe that's been posted too - who's for vegetable risotto with bacon?


Websites like this revolve around the absolute latest news and current affairs, and can be updated in a second. Perhaps this is, undoubtedly why people flock to them like a pack of hungry seagulls each day (or 3 times a day even). Just to get their fix.


I have added a couple of links to convergence media that I generally rely on, and websites that I recommend you check daily....




1 comment:

  1. Just a wee FYI on No 1 on your list, did you know that when you have Lasik surgery on your eyes, as the laser vaporises the surface of your eyeball it smells just like burning hair. It was quite disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete