Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Invercargill - where dreams aren't possible


Ok, so I'm back to being Miss Negativity for now - with good reason. Last night I tuned in to get my daily dose of Shorty St, only to note THREE Invercargill slaggings, within the first twenty minutes.


Now, since I'm not from Invercargill, I can more than sympathise with why this was happening, I mean - everybody knows that Invercargill gets the crappy weather, the crappy bars, the crappy shops....just crap everything basically. Sitting there watching a character on a ficticious show slag off the city you are in at that particular point in time - well it's embarassing in it's own right.


To top this bitchy blog off - Invercargill's weather today is most probably the crappest in the country. It's not just rain, it's RAIN. And thinking it will stop anytime soon is just being sadly optimistic (omgosh I'm a wannabe journalist and I don't even know if I got that spelling correct).
Anyway people, that's me for now. So to sum up: I just want to get back to normality.
Which does not involve a shop called 'Dizzy's that serves actual FILTER coffee - It's 2009. Not 1989.
I will end this with some of my favourite Invercargill quotes:
"Invercargill - A city filled with beautiful surprises"
"The lifestyle opportunities available to people who live in Southland are exceptional"
"The arsehole of the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment