Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My view on a current news story - The Pony Club's New Dress Regs (for guys)


So everyone in N.Z who watches Target and well, basically television would have heard of Brooke Howard Smith. Brooke is the big-mouthed, smart alec character who looks half something, half indian.....

Anyway, along with Brooke's many tv appearances, he also manages to run a trendy Auckland city bar - "The Pony Club".


Now, being an Aucklander myself, I am always back home for visits, and as it happens I went to The Pony Club just a few weeks back.

Here is the thing: Brooke has re-established the dress regulations for guys. However, he hasn't made it near impossible for then to get in - he's made it literally impossible. Don't get me wrong - I am a fan of people dressing nicely and having to make a little effort. BUT : This is what they now CANNOT even think about wearing:

No polo shirts.


No sneakers.


No T-Shirts.


No jewellry e.g any type of chain around neck.


No solo guys or guys in groups - No girls, no entry.



Can I ask Brooke: What the hell do guys wear now???

On a closing note: I personally think girls can dress just as, if not more tacky than their male counterparts - however girls attire is not even mentioned.

Oh and Brooke - who made you the "Classy one". Underneath it all your still an annoying twat who thinks he's god's gift. Good luck with the bar takings.






No comments:

Post a Comment